Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Sky is the Limit

 


Today was my second pilgrimage to the mecca of baking and pastry in Bend, OR.  I left Boise this morning and was greeted by a mass launch of hot air balloons during a celebration of the Spirit of Boise, ID.  The timing of the event with the weather is so precise, that if there is any significant wind, then the launch will be cancelled.  Today, however, was a good day and the balloons were flying.  The plan was for about 50 to go up simultaneously, and then they land in parks and parking lots across the city.  I was in awe, and it appeared that they sky was the limit.

I start class tomorrow and the second phase of my pastry and baking education.  I am looking forward to learning as many different techniques and products as possible, so that the possibilities will be endless as to the things we can create and offer at The Bread Doctor.  I am thrilled to be back in Bend to study with Marda, and meet up with friends.  Bill and Donna Pfeiffer have graciously offered for me to stay in their guest quarters while I am studying with Marda.  Their home is beautiful and is situated on Mirror Pond in Bend.





We had a wonderful dinner tonight with the Pfeiffer's, their grandson and Marda.  We had a great time catching up and the meal was delicious and the company was delightful.   Marda brought chocolate volcanoes (sorry no picture...we ate them all) for dessert.  Speaking of chocolate, the first week of class is devoted entirely to chocolates both molded and hand-shaped.  This will be great and will feature many delightful flavors that I plan to bring home for to Torrington.

The next two weeks have been made that much more wonderful as I enjoy the beautiful quarter provided by Bill and Donna..  I am truly blessed.





 
 
Well, tomorrow begins a new chapter and the sky is the limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment