Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Bread Doctor is in the house...Opening Weekend

Well, we finally did it and declared an official opening for the bakery, The Bread Doctor.  It started Friday, October 25th when we offered our first product, Cinnamon Caramel Rolls.  I woke up and realized that I had the day to bake, and got on the Facebook page and announced that I would bake for anyone who placed an order that day.  We had a wonderful reponse  and I baked 8 dozen rolls.  This is a wonderful initial effort and we appreciate all who are supporting our new venture.  I must say that the rolls are delicious.  The bread is not so sweet (European style) and that compliments the topping well.  These are a hybrid of a great sweet roll dough formula that Marda gave me with her caramel sauce.  I can't thank her enough.  I left out the nuts found on many sticky buns (at the request of the customer), and added currants (not so sweet as dark raisins) and a bit of spice to the caramel topping. 



The house smelled wonderfully, and I had to fight off my 13 year-old who could not understand why I was not baking for him.  He had his share earlier in the week.  I personally prefer pecans, and will be offering them dressed up versions with nuts later.


Here are the rolls cooling waiting to be boxed up

Eleanor and I are so appreciative of those who have shown support and believed in our baking.  We live in a great community here in Wyoming and have enjoyed our time here. Here we are that first day with the first delivery of Cinnamon Caramel Rolls.  Of course, we are looking forward to many more deliveries as the weeks progress.
 
Our first customer!
 Saturday morning, I baked off the last of the rolls and delivered them warm to customers.  I then spent much of the afternoon organizing the baking supplies that I have been ordering.  William helped with gusto and we are definitely getting set up to bake more.  Then we headed to Cheyenne to watch the BYU Ballroom Dance Company perform and they were magnificent.  We met the rest of our family there and ate at a famous and delicious burger joint to begin the celebration of Eleanor's birthday.  Monday, October 28 she will be sixteen years old.  We are a happy family!
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wish we could have been your first customer. Go Ezdan and Eleanor

    ReplyDelete